Java

From: Tom Allison (tallison_at_tacocat.net)
Date: 11/15/04

    Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:12:07 -0500
    To: Debian User List <debian-user@lists.debian.org>

    I'm trying to get Java running with the firefox browser.

    I can't seem to find anything under the blackdown packages that will
    actually work. Seems there are some gcc version problems.

    I also am not sure what I'm supposed to do with Sun's packages.
    Too bad they don't have enough sense to put deb's out there.

    How do I get java working?

    All I really need are Applets since I don't have any real java
    applications running today. But in the long run, I would prefer to have
    something with is .deb compatible and full JRE capable.