Re: Antivirus/Antispyware/Antiadware for linux?

From: Ron Johnson (ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net)
Date: 11/17/04

    To: Debian-User <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
    Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 05:31:18 -0600

    On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 08:28 +0000, Juha Siltala wrote:
    > On 2004-11-16, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:

    > >>=20

    > > l=20
    > >>=20
    > >> That's not free. They just don't charge you any money.
    > >
    > > Of course it is.
    > >
    > > $ dict free
    > > [snip]
    > > {Free cost}, freedom from charges or expenses. --South.
    > > [snip]
    >
    > That's hardly what free/nonfree refers to in the context of Debian
    > software, and I'm sure you know that.

    But it *does* matter to us. There are many apps which are money-
    free, but not libre, which means that it can't be put in the
    official package system. (acroread and Blackdown are 2 examples
    that leap to mind.)

    Ask anyone on debian-legal if the difference between libre &
    money-free is relevant to Debian.

    Ron Johnson, Jr.
    Jefferson, LA USA
    PGP Key ID 8834C06B
    "He that would live in peace and at ease must not speak all he
    knows or all he sees."
    Benjamin Franklin