Re: snort logging in mysql on Debian!

From: Mike Mestnik (cheako911_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 11/17/04

    Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 07:57:38 -0800 (PST)
    To: NabilM@kuveytturk.com.tr, debian-firewall@lists.debian.org, debian-user@lists.debian.org

    --- NabilM@kuveytturk.com.tr wrote:

    > Fellows,
    >
    > Can you guide me or point me to some document(s) that would allow me to
    /usr/share/doc/<pkgname>/
    http://localhost/doc/

    > setup snort/acid on Debian. I am especially interested on running snort
    > and acid (apache/mysql etc) on the same machine.
    >
    > If you have time, here is the problem that I am facing...
    > I am not able to log into mysql. I am using woody and installed the
    Use the root account to setup databases and users as you would with any
    mysql database.

    > snort-mysql package. However, the /etc/init.d/snort script points to
    > /etc/snort/snort.debian.conf file as configuration file. If I add the
    > output database.... line in snort.debian.conf file, it gives me an
    > error. If I change the /etc/init.d/snort script and make it refer to
    What error?

    > /etc/snort/snort.conf file as the default configuration file, it again
    > gives error. How do I make the snort daemon to log into mysql? Even
    > dpkg-reconfigure snort-mysql doesn't take mysql logging into account.

    This lookes like a bug report. After the install is complete the daemon
    should be running and allready using mysql.

    reportbug snort-mysql; # File as a whishlist.