Re: snort logging in mysql on Debian!

From: Mike Mestnik (cheako911_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 11/17/04

    Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 07:57:38 -0800 (PST)
    To: NabilM@kuveytturk.com.tr, debian-firewall@lists.debian.org, debian-user@lists.debian.org

    --- NabilM@kuveytturk.com.tr wrote:

    > Fellows,
    >
    > Can you guide me or point me to some document(s) that would allow me to
    /usr/share/doc/<pkgname>/
    http://localhost/doc/

    > setup snort/acid on Debian. I am especially interested on running snort
    > and acid (apache/mysql etc) on the same machine.
    >
    > If you have time, here is the problem that I am facing...
    > I am not able to log into mysql. I am using woody and installed the
    Use the root account to setup databases and users as you would with any
    mysql database.

    > snort-mysql package. However, the /etc/init.d/snort script points to
    > /etc/snort/snort.debian.conf file as configuration file. If I add the
    > output database.... line in snort.debian.conf file, it gives me an
    > error. If I change the /etc/init.d/snort script and make it refer to
    What error?

    > /etc/snort/snort.conf file as the default configuration file, it again
    > gives error. How do I make the snort daemon to log into mysql? Even
    > dpkg-reconfigure snort-mysql doesn't take mysql logging into account.

    This lookes like a bug report. After the install is complete the daemon
    should be running and allready using mysql.

    reportbug snort-mysql; # File as a whishlist.

    > Regards,
    >
    > -Nabil.
    >

    > DISCLAIMER:
    > Bu elektronik posta ve ekleri, sadece yukarida ismi yazili alicinin
    > dikkatine gonderilmistir. Mesajin muhatabi degilseniz, icerigini ve
    > varsa ekindeki dosyalari kimseye aktarmayiniz ya da kopyalamayiniz.
    > Boyle bir durumda gondereni uyarip, mesaji imha ediniz. KUVEYT TURK
    > E.F.K. A.S bu e-postanin ve eklerinin icerdigi bilgilerin size
    > degisiklige ugrayarak ulasmasindan veya gec ulasmasindan, butunlugunun
    > ve gizliliginin korunamamasindan veya icerigine guvenilerek yapilacak
    > islemlerden dolayi sorumlu tutulamaz.
    > This e-mail & its content have been sent to the attention of the
    > receiver named above. If you are not the intended recipient (or have
    > received this e-mail in error), Please notify the sender immediately and
    > destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or
    > distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.
    > Kuwait Turkish Evkaf Finance House shall not be held liable for the
    > arrival of this e-mail & its content as modified or late, the protection
    > of integrity and secrecy and shall not be liable to any person who acts
    > or omits to do anything in reliance upon it.

    • Re: hang with mysql in execute
      ... I've had this happen before with the C mysql lib. ... >>Thanks, Chris ... >>Do you Yahoo!? ... Small Business - Try our new resources site! ...
      (perl.dbi.users)
    • RE: ODBC logging via ISS Internet Scanner
      ... “ISS ODBC LOGGING” ... > MySQL server. ... I have a ODBC connection to this MySQL ... >> Check out Yahoo! ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: FBSD 5.2.1-p4 and mysqld problems
      ... Usually freezes once per day. ... Just freezes and I had to kill mysql process ... I now have witness in the kernel...no deadlocks ... >Do you Yahoo!? ...
      (freebsd-current)
    • RE: File not found error
      ... after downloading, issuing a mv or rm command does not ... error: File not found by glob: MySql* ... Check out the new Yahoo! ... unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe ...
      (RedHat)