User can't start firefox

From: Jerry Turba (jturba_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 11/21/04

    Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 07:39:22 -0800
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

    I just installed debian on a computer for a friend (PIII 500meg ram)
    and everything has gone fairly well. I installed firefox and thunderbird
    and some of the basic programs.

    Root can start and run firefox and thunderbird. there is only 1 other
    user. He can start thunderbird but not firefox. When entering the command
     mozilla-firefox from the terminal there is a error message.

    Xlib: XDM authorization key matches an existing client!

    (firefox-bin:1449): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

    How do I correct this situation with the authorization keys? I do not
    understand what it is referring to, or how to correct it.

    Any suggestions appreciated.
    Thanks
    Jerry

    • Re: User cant start firefox
      ... >Root can start and run firefox and thunderbird. ... XDM authorization key matches an existing client! ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: News Reader
      ... >>of the Mozilla Foundation is on Mozilla Firefox and Mozilla ... >Why do you use Mozilla, Firefox, Thunderbird, ect, ect, that seem to have ... Tab X: Adds a close button to each tab that is open. ...
      (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
    • Re: removal of midbrowser
      ... from Fedora to Ubuntu. ... I have had to install the 32-bit version of firefox in my home ... opens midbrowser. ... There appears to be something within Thunderbird that wants to use the ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • Re: Looking for newsreader like OE
      ... >>> I am using Firefox on Suse 10, but you can't right click and Delete ... >>> newsgroup threads you don't want, since they're not downloaded from the ... >>> newsreader that will natively run in Linux. ... >> Thunderbird is the newsreader/email client by Mozilla. ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • Re: removal of midbrowser
      ... I have had to install the 32-bit version of firefox in my home ... opens midbrowser. ... There appears to be something within Thunderbird that wants to use the ... Later, Ray Parrish ...
      (Ubuntu)