User can't start firefox

From: Jerry Turba (jturba_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 11/21/04

    Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 07:39:22 -0800
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

    I just installed debian on a computer for a friend (PIII 500meg ram)
    and everything has gone fairly well. I installed firefox and thunderbird
    and some of the basic programs.

    Root can start and run firefox and thunderbird. there is only 1 other
    user. He can start thunderbird but not firefox. When entering the command
     mozilla-firefox from the terminal there is a error message.

    Xlib: XDM authorization key matches an existing client!

    (firefox-bin:1449): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

    How do I correct this situation with the authorization keys? I do not
    understand what it is referring to, or how to correct it.

    Any suggestions appreciated.
    Thanks
    Jerry