Problem with CUPS: need to enter password for lp and lpq several times

From: Andreas Ehn (ehn_at_kth.se)
Date: 11/22/04

    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
    Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 00:34:33 +0100

    Hi,

    I'm using CUPS (cupsys-1.1.20final+rc1-10) in Sarge and have a problem
    using any functions that require authentication.

    If I want to print a document using lp, I have to enter my password
    three times before it is accepted. If I want to query the status of the
    printer queue using lpq, I have to enter the password five (usually) or
    four (rarely) times.

    I see similar issues when I'm trying to access the web interface. I can
    login to the main menu without problem, but if I try to access the jobs
    listing, I am prompted for the password for what seems to be an infinite
    number of times.

    I am quite certain that my mistyping the password over and over again is
    not the cause of this problem. :)

    Any ideas?

    Cheers,
    Andreas

    • [Full-Disclosure] Advisory: Dark Age of Camelot - Weak encryption of network traffic exposed persona
      ... Weak encryption in game client exposed customer billing and authentication ... encryption for billing information. ... The login binary has undergone several updates since then. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: [PHP] Is this the best way?
      ... Why is Jason schreefing again? ... maybe I should edit my authentication function... ... attempting to login. ... really be either attempting an authentication *or* outputting some ...
      (php.general)
    • Authentication Sharing Across Apps
      ... For my part "B" question that I had (Login App was not returning ... authentication to calling app), I found the solution. ... Basically, in both the Login App and Calling App Web.Config, I did ... authenticated connection with SQL server. ...
    • Re: [PHP] Is this the best way?
      ... Jason Pruim schreef: ... I am attempting to add a little error checking for a very simple login system. ... So maybe I should edit my authentication function... ... really be either attempting an authentication *or* outputting some message ...
      (php.general)
    • Unable to get IP Address from DHCP server - 802.1x authentication
      ... user based VLAN authentication with Windows client as ... Authentication method: MD5-Challenge ... Login locally with the cached profile of user1 ... After entering the Radius server username & password the ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)