Re: courier-mta + amavisd-new + spamassassin

From: Frederik Dannemare (frederik_at_dannemare.net)
Date: 11/23/04

    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
    Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 13:18:29 +0100

    Hi Horst,

    On Monday 22 November 2004 21:39, Horst Bursik wrote:
    > Hi, Frederik,
    >
    > I tested it with your 'recipe' but unfortunately it won't work.
    > Amavis is not able to rewrite the emails because "SEND via PIPE"
    > returns always: "550 5.1.1 Recipient unknown". But the recipient is
    > of course working if I turn amavis of or if it didn't find anything.

    Could it be that the email address defined in
    $mailfrom_notify_admin or $mailfrom_notify_recip is incorrect?

    I have placed them at http://www.sentinel.dk/files/

    > I followed your recipe step by step and checked it about 10 times but
    > somewhere with the filtering there must be a mistake or something
    > missing.
    >
    > On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 23:00:16 +0100, Frederik Dannemare
    >
    > <frederik@dannemare.net> wrote:
    > >I haven't noticed any limitations in my particular setup, but on the
    > >other hand, I may not be using features that you may want to use.
    >
    > Is amavis in your setup able to add additional header fields?

    Come to think of it, I think you're right. I believe amavisd-new is not
    able to rewrite the header. Anyway, I just throw away any mail that is
    infected. I don't notice sender and recipient, or anybody else.

    --
    Frederik Dannemare | mailto:frederik@dannemare.net
    http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=Frederik+Dannemare