Kernel 2.6.x, Gnome, and repeating keys

From: Michal R. Hoffmann (misiek_at_knm.org.pl)
Date: 12/20/04

    Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 12:26:56 +0100
    To: Debian Users <debian-user@lists.debian.org>

    I have strange problem - after installing "home compiled" kernel 2.6.x
    (tried 2.6.3 and 2.6.10-rc3 already) my Gnome env. goes crazy. While
    typing I get repeating keys in the random manner:

    How muchhhhhhh wood would aaaaa wooooooodddddddccccchuck

    Sometimes no such effect for few minutes, and then non-stop. Same with
    mouse, when I click the menu it shows/hides/shows/hides a number of
    times, just as I'd click many times.

    Another issue - screensaver starts randomly, most often when I click a
    window. Strange.

    How can I get the system normal? In 2.4.x kernels it is ok, but I wanted
    some "new features". Moreover, in text console it seems to be ok either.
    Debian/unstable, kernel downloaded from kernel.org and compiled for SMP,
    I have 2xPII, keyboard/mouse are PS/2.
    Regards,
    Michal.

    --
    misiek
    ***  Michal R. Hoffmann        |    <mailto:misiek@knm.org.pl>      ***

    • apparently random loader failures on some pthread.so.0 using legacy libs
      ... I have a strange problem on some Linux boxes, on some other runs, ... and quite strangely I could not figure out the glibc + kernel version combination ... Copyright 2002 Free Software Foundation, ... Michelangelo Calatino ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: no route added by ifconfig on 3com w/ 2.6.6 kernel
      ... Cameron Kerr wrote: ... > I have a strange problem that I'm in the middle of investigating. ... > the kernel. ... Assuming the laptop had no wired Ethernet card, ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: Strange write starvation on 2.6.17 (and other) kernels
      ... I've encountered a strange problem - if an application is sequentially writing a large file on a busy machine, a single writeof 64KB may take even 30 seconds. ... Seems related to user space memory usage in some way, and not the actual elevator code. ... Try an older kernel and see if it goes away. ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Problems with default ACLs over NFS
      ... I have a strange problem with 2.6.29-rc8-git3. ... I have a box with NFS autofs-mounted home directories. ... This worked in previous kernel versions, ... don't blame Solaris, at this moment. ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: Problems with default ACLs over NFS
      ... I have a strange problem with 2.6.29-rc8-git3. ... I have a box with NFS autofs-mounted home directories. ... This worked in previous kernel versions, ... Mount info from /proc/mounts: ...
      (Linux-Kernel)