Wayward syslog items

From: David Baron (d_baron_at_012.net.il)
Date: 12/22/04

    To: "debian-user@lists.debian.org" <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
    Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:12:37 +0200

    My syslog has failed items for pppd and chat. Just fine since I have no pppd
    connection and no chat. Question is why I am getting this? I did not see
    anything appropriate in /etc/init.d.

    • Re: wvdial problems
      ... On Wed, 15 Aug 2007, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.misc, in article ... Just checking - it's not at all common, but pppd isn't getting to the ... Let's change the call to 'chat' from 'chat ... -f' to 'chat -vf' which turns on logging out of the chat script. ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Wayward syslog items
      ... My syslog has failed items for pppd and chat. ... connection and no chat. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Pppd question??
      ... As somebody said before 'man pppd' will tell you almost everything you need ... The simplest way to initiate the connection is 'pppd call myisp'. ... 'chat' is the actual program that talks to your modem. ... ABORT 'NO DIALTONE' ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: ppp times out in Linux
      ... > 10 means that pppd failed to negotiate anything with the peer. ... Below is a simple shell script using pppd with chat which should be ... # ISP dialup number on the script command line. ...
      (comp.protocols.ppp)
    • Re: Setting up a Dial in server
      ... The log shows that pppd started on the client and died ... with minicom. ... chat script doing the login/password dance that sent "ppp" right ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)