Re: Upgrade kernel from 2.67?

From: Adam Aube (aaube01_at_baker.edu)
Date: 01/03/05

    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
    Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 20:46:00 -0500

    Agustin wrote:
    > On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 00:50:05 +0100, Adam Aube wrote:
    >> Agustin wrote:

    >>> All the same, the question is still pertinent. I'm having difficulty
    >>> upgrading the kernel because I get the message that my partition hdh2
    >>> is full, so installation is not possible.
    >>
    >> Free some space on hdh2 (your root partition).

    > Thanks, Adam. This is exactly what I want to do, but I'm not sure what I
    > can delete or move. How will I find this out?

    You have separate partitions for /usr, /home, /tmp, and /var, so there
    really isn't much on your root partition to begin with. The best way to
    free up space is to remove unused kernels (make sure the corresponding
    modules directory under /lib/modules is also removed).

    Beyond that there isn't much to suggest. How large is your root partition?

    Adam

    • RE: Installing on a small root partition
      ... Try using a smart UPS and having it shut down the system cleanly when power ... Installing on a small root partition ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Troubles burning CD-ROMS [SOLVED]
      ... be on the root partition which might not be large enough to hold the ... I would like to burn CD-ROMs and DVDs logged in as ... that works (after the dpkg-reconfigure cdrecord update). ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: /root is full
      ... What troubles me is that my root partition is nearly 500 Gb. ... I suppose the only correction if so is to boot the system to ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Live CD says all fs clean, but...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Disk space usage
      ... Diogene Laerce a écrit: ... This time you deleted files in the root partition mounted on /mnt. ... No. G is the SI prefix for giga, and is the same in any language. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (Debian-User)