Re: Upgrade kernel from 2.67?

From: Adam Aube (aaube01_at_baker.edu)
Date: 01/03/05

    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
    Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 20:46:00 -0500

    Agustin wrote:
    > On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 00:50:05 +0100, Adam Aube wrote:
    >> Agustin wrote:

    >>> All the same, the question is still pertinent. I'm having difficulty
    >>> upgrading the kernel because I get the message that my partition hdh2
    >>> is full, so installation is not possible.
    >>
    >> Free some space on hdh2 (your root partition).

    > Thanks, Adam. This is exactly what I want to do, but I'm not sure what I
    > can delete or move. How will I find this out?

    You have separate partitions for /usr, /home, /tmp, and /var, so there
    really isn't much on your root partition to begin with. The best way to
    free up space is to remove unused kernels (make sure the corresponding
    modules directory under /lib/modules is also removed).

    Beyond that there isn't much to suggest. How large is your root partition?

    Adam