Problems with Grub

From: Aperez (alfredoj69_at_gmail.com)
Date: 01/17/05

    Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 12:35:01 -0500
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

    Hello everybody

    I had installed Fedora but I decided to install Debian Sarge. After the
    Sarge installation process I get following messages:

    GRUB loading stage1.5
    GRUB loading, please wait
    Error 18

    PC hangs

    I tried fdisk /mbr with a win 98 diskette and install sarge again. But
    the same problem occurs

    Any suggestion?

    Thanks

    • UNSUBSCRIBE
      ... > I ran the Sarge install to make a dual boot system yesterday. ... > I don't know much about Bios but this struck me as odd, ... > You could also remove the old apache package later on. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Problems with debian install
      ... >>to install debian on a number of machines in a computer ... For Sarge, the number of CDs will be even larger once it is ... Set it up to get packages from a ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Software For Book Writing
      ... ram is sufficient". ... The above comparation between sarge and lenny was on the same beige G3 ... but the install manual usually has such ...
      (Debian-User)
    • /etc/apt/preferences problem - might cause problems when Sarge goes stable!
      ... Firestarter from unstable into my testing install of Sarge. ... A few moments ago I updated my sources.list in preparation for Sarge ... deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US sarge/non-US main contrib non-free ... were listed fine under Installed Packages. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • RE: Cant find libselinux1
      ... I finally just loaded stock sarge (I couldn't even get ... sarge to work in expert install mode so that I could disable pcmcia and ... filesystems (the standard install doesn't let you reuse your old ... apt-get to fetch packages from the cdrom instead of from the ...
      (Debian-User)