Re: KDE-mail

From: David Baron (d_baron_at_012.net.il)
Date: 01/20/05

    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
    Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:21:21 +0200

    On Thursday 20 January 2005 01:49, debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org
    wrote:
    > Can this be configured as a mail reader for local
    > mail reader (mail for user spooled in /var/mail/user)?
    > If so, where can I find information on configuring
    > it?

    Kmail can certainly do this. This is how I am now using with fetchmail and
    exim4 doing the rest!

    Configure Kmail with network send to local host, receive from local mailboxes.

    • Re: KDE-mail
      ... >> Can this be configured as a mail reader for local ... where can I find information on configuring ... > Configure Kmail with network send to local host, receive from local mailboxes. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: I HATE Evolution ! Thunderbird ?
      ... I have tried Kmail and again, it has it's own set of problems, ... By threading, I mean email threading. ... of configuring the Fonts for each gui panes. ... As with Thunderbird, when you click on a folder, ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: [opensuse] should i use kmail or thunderbird?
      ... using KDE (though it doesn't matter for Thunderbird, ... Configuring TB is simple, but you will need to know the nameof the ... I have never used kmail in my life ans so do not know what it does or not require :-). ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [opensuse] How to cause Kmail to retrieve mail from a local file?
      ... to procmail, which will perform some filtering operations before ... where kmail should come to pick it up. ... now, directly from remote servers, whether configuring from the ... the easiest way i'm aware of is by running an IMAP server on your box. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: FC5 Firefox and KMail
      ... On Saturday 05 August 2006 00:51, Jack Gates wrote: ... KMail when I click on an e-mail address in the browser. ... You can change the default mail reader in there.... ... Preferences> Preferred Applications. ...
      (Fedora)