Cups wont print. Job aborted. :-(

From: Michael Bernhard Sørensen (bofh_at_it-crew.dk)
Date: 01/24/05

    Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 11:31:13 +0100
    To: debian-user <debian-user@lists.debian.org>

    Hi out there.

    I'm having a problem with CUPS on 2 computers.

    Laptop:
    Old installation of debian.
    Printing to a network printer.

    Desktop:
    Fresh install of debian.
    Printing to a parallel port printer.

    Both of them will not print any jobs. In the CUPS administrative
    interface, it says that the job is aborted. I've upgraded and downgraded
    CUPS on the laptop, but to no avail. I've deleted the printer in CUPS
    and reinstalled it, but to no avail.

    Has anyone an idea of what to do?

    --
    Michael B. Sørensen
    IT and Electronic Engineer

    • Re: Cups wont print. Job aborted. :-(
      ... > Old installation of debian. ... > Printing to a parallel port printer. ... >From the laptop, does CUPS see the desktop as a viable print server? ... For sure the problem is with the new install on the desktop. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: CUPS-PDF and Re: Authentication -- solved something
      ... I have spent the entire day chasing bug reports in Debian and trying to follow up on other "This worked for me" hits on the internet. ... Try printing another test page... ... Client is a macbook. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: computer wont boot now
      ... > in the MBR and was choosing betweenn debian and Windows 2000) and not even ... The first time I tried to boot Debian and got to ... I had put LILO in the MBR. ... Sorry to say this, especially since it's a laptop, but if it won't even ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: debian-user-digest Digest V2009 #12
      ... video-card related kernel panic or even X crash. ... if you plan to use laptop intensively. ... I can actually hear my music with debian! ... The Debian install stinks though. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Best and most popular distros for the enterprise desktop
      ... :P My first exposure to ... My laptop has had a number of installs on it. ... Ubuntu is what it shipped with. ... to Debian, partially for consistency. ...
      (Debian-User)