mknod - how do I make a device re-appear after re-boot

From: Steve Turnbull (steve.turnbull_at_yhgfl.net)
Date: 01/28/05

    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
    Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 14:28:31 +0000

    Hi

    My setup: Debian unstable, KDE3.3, Sony Vaio VGN-A217M laptop

    I need a device in /dev/ called sonypi which is required for my Sony
    Laptop FN keys etc.

    I run this command as root;
    mknod /dev/sonypi c 10 63

    This works fine, and when I run my startup script for the sonypid
    module, the FN keys work as well.

    The startup scripts are all fine and are linked to correctly from rc5.
    The problem is that when I reboot my laptop, the sonypi device in /dev
    is no longer there.

    My question is: how do I make the /dev/sonypi device permanent?

    I don't know what more information I could provide? Please say if there is...

    Regards
    Steve

    • Re: Fn keys how do I activate them
      ... I somehow managed to deactivate my Fn keys. ... reactivate them? ... I have a Sony Vaio VGN-SZ440 laptop. ...
    • Fn keys how do I activate them
      ... I somehow managed to deactivate my Fn keys. ... reactivate them? ... I have a Sony Vaio VGN-SZ440 laptop. ...
    • Re: My experiences with a Dell D620 Laptop. Part 1.
      ... This post is to show Mac Users just what they are missing compared to a 9 month old PowerBook G4/15.4/1.6Mhz and a white MacBook. ... On a number of occasions I've opened up the machine only to find the battery is drained or find a very hot laptop in my bag. ... It has a rather tacky looking two-tone appearance around the keyboard and trackpad with the keys being a different colour to the inner silver 'ring'. ... Why couldn't these go underneath with the WIndows XP license label? ...
      (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
    • Re: An expensive siamese kitten
      ... the laptop refuses to power up so tonight ... we hit BestBuy and bought a new Sony Vaio. ... The keyboard can then be removed. ... a massive shower with contact cleaner. ...
      (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
    • Re: Which Drive Encryptor for this?
      ... detained without charge indefinitely. ... demand your access keys. ... The USA is not alone in this - in the UK you can be jailed for refusing to hand over encryption keys to the authorities. ... displayed on his laptop display and the customs officer saf that. ...
      (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)