Wireless problems with 2.6.10

From: Rob Brenart (TT) (Rob.Brenart_at_tradingtechnologies.com)
Date: 02/05/05

    Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 18:32:17 -0600
    To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>

    I recently compiled and installed 2.6.10 on my system.

    I still have 2.6.8 around from before (also a custom compile).

    I use the ipw2100 wireless driver for my IBM T41

    Under 2.6.8 everything works great.

    Under 2.6.10 everything works great on a fresh boot, but after putting the machine to sleep, then rewaking it, the wireless card is switched off and I can't seem to get it back on.

    I use APM.

    And that's all the info I know which may be relevant. I'm not even sure where to start looking. I can tell the liveliness of the wireless card both by the status light, and by the fact that I can't get a connection when the status light isn't lit.

    Thanks for any help.

    • Re: Wireless driver
      ... wireless card configuration utility has some configurations with this ... |> The wireless driver shows exclamation mark in the Device Manger only ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
    • Re: Wireless Card Issues
      ... My wireless card turns on ... However, before the logon process completes, the wireless ... wireless card is on, so you can visually watch the logon process I just ... -uninstall/reinstall wireless driver. ...
      (alt.internet.wireless)
    • Re: Wierd Problem with Linksys WRT54GX router
      ... Yes I have reloded the wireless driver on the laptop. ... >My suggestion here is to go get that wireless card for one of the desktops ...
      (alt.internet.wireless)
    • Re: A netcard driver failed the query for OID_GEN_LINK_SPEED How do you fix?
      ... wireless connection disconnects, ... the operating system and the wireless card. ... obvious damage, dirt, and improper seating in the connector. ...
      (alt.internet.wireless)
    • Re: Basic Reformatting Questions
      ... There is a wireless card applet that displays in the system tray, ... I downloaded what I thought were drivers for the card, ... The wireless card is a D- ... There is no Windows based applet that displays in the status bar. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)