Re: CUPS and Epson CX5400 Color Stylus Printer

From: David A. Cobb (superbiskit_at_cox.net)
Date: 02/10/05

    Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 11:42:46 -0500
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

    Christoph Wegscheider wrote:

    >David A. Cobb <superbiskit@cox.net> wrote:
    >

    >>SO, suggestions as to what to try next are more than welcome.
    >>The CUPS error log is huge ( I set it to Debug2 ). But, it doesn't tell
    >>me a darn thing; I don't know what to look for.
    >>

    >Try to setup via the webadmin tool (localhost:631).
    >
    >I have a CX3200 here is my /etc/cups/printers.conf:
    ><DefaultPrinter CX3200>
    >Info
    >Location
    >DeviceURI usb:/dev/usb/lp0
    >State Idle
    >Accepting Yes
    >JobSheets none none
    >QuotaPeriod 0
    >PageLimit 0
    >KLimit 0
    ></Printer>

    # Printer configuration file for CUPS v1.1.23
    # Written by cupsd on Wed Feb 9 19:01:40 2005
    <DefaultPrinter scx5300_5400s>
    Info EpsonColorStylus
    Location Beside the computer
    DeviceURI ekplp:/var/ekpd/ekplp0 <==================== different here
    State Idle
    Accepting Yes
    JobSheets none none
    QuotaPeriod 0
    PageLimit 0
    KLimit 0
    </Printer>

    >It worked flawless for me once I figured out to load the usblp module,
    >what you already did.
    >
    > Christoph

    Are you sure about that name?? 'Cause what I get here is:

    [11:36:32] bash3 $ sudo modprobe usblp
    modprobe: Can't locate module usblp
    [11:36:42] bash3 $

    That mignt be significant!

    --
    David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate
    "By God's Grace, I am a Christian man; by my actions a great sinner." -- The Way of a Pilgrim: R.French, Tr.