Throwing screens around

From: Shea Martin (smartin_at_arcis.com)
Date: 02/19/05

    Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 16:50:50 -0700
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

    I installed debian-sarge on a laptop. I want to telnet to my Solaris/SPARC
    box and throw screens back. But I get an error saying can't open display.
    Yet I have appropriate entries in /etc/hosts for both machines. In my
    telnet session, DISPLAY is set to laptop:0.0, so it should work?

    If I ssh -X into the solaris box, I can throw screens back fine. I have
    never had a problem throwing screens from that Solaris box before. But the
    laptop is a fresh install, so I suspect the problem lies there.

    Any ideas?

    ~S