hard drive indexing and realtime searching

From: Steven Anderson (hikenboot_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 02/21/05

    Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 07:48:42 -0800 (PST)
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

    Dear Debian Users:

    I wonder wether there is any projects under way to
    give Linux the same type of searching and indexing
    features that are going to be availbable with Windows
    Longhorn and Mac OS 10.4? I understand that there is
    a db...somthing command that will index the hard drive
    now which i ran across some time ago. Unfortunately it
    did not seem to work when I issued the command
    although it ran somthing all night long. Anyone know
    what command this is since I cant seem to find it
    again. Also anyone know of any indexing projects?

    Thanks,

    Steven Anderson

    • Re: can someone please help with this?
      ... I actually use fvwm, not gnome. ... What command line option could I use? ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Sending files to Win/Linux client from FreeBSD server?
      ... Jamie Ann P. Zamodio wrote: ... >I'd just like to ask if there's a specific command I ... >Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Newbie needs help fine tuning sarge
      ... I can start synaptic only form the command ... 3.I connet to the internet using pon from the command ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
      (Debian-User)
    • [HPADM] Zoning [Brocade and MDS Switches]
      ... I am very confident in LUN Masking ... especially using Command View. ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
      (HP-UX-Admin)
    • Re: How to wipe a HD?
      ... I recommend Darik's Boot and Nuke. ... > use the dd command by ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
      (Fedora)