hard drive indexing and realtime searching

From: Steven Anderson (hikenboot_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 02/21/05

    Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 07:48:42 -0800 (PST)
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

    Dear Debian Users:

    I wonder wether there is any projects under way to
    give Linux the same type of searching and indexing
    features that are going to be availbable with Windows
    Longhorn and Mac OS 10.4? I understand that there is
    a db...somthing command that will index the hard drive
    now which i ran across some time ago. Unfortunately it
    did not seem to work when I issued the command
    although it ran somthing all night long. Anyone know
    what command this is since I cant seem to find it
    again. Also anyone know of any indexing projects?

    Thanks,

    Steven Anderson