Re: hard drive indexing and realtime searching

From: Maximiliano Combina (maxicombina_at_gmail.com)
Date: 02/21/05

    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
    Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 12:54:24 -0300

    On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 07:48 -0800, Steven Anderson wrote:
    > Dear Debian Users:
    >
    > I wonder wether there is any projects under way to
    > give Linux the same type of searching and indexing
    > features that are going to be availbable with Windows
    > Longhorn and Mac OS 10.4? I understand that there is
    > a db...somthing command that will index the hard drive
    > now which i ran across some time ago. Unfortunately it
    > did not seem to work when I issued the command
    > although it ran somthing all night long. Anyone know
    > what command this is since I cant seem to find it
    > again. Also anyone know of any indexing projects?
    >
    > Thanks,
    i think that you are talknig about 'updatedb' (for indexing) and
    'locate' (for locataing)...

    maxi

    • Re: hard drive indexing and realtime searching
      ... > Dear Debian Users: ... > a db...somthing command that will index the hard drive ... Also anyone know of any indexing projects? ... looking for doodle package. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • hard drive indexing and realtime searching
      ... a db...somthing command that will index the hard drive ... Also anyone know of any indexing projects? ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: hard drive indexing and realtime searching
      ... > give Linux the same type of searching and indexing ... > features that are going to be availbable with Windows ... > a db...somthing command that will index the hard drive ... Also anyone know of any indexing projects? ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Spotlight e aggiornamento indice
      ... Spotlight has a command line control tool called mdutilthat can ... turned indexing off and back on for the / volume on his machine and all ... l'altro RTF creati, sia per nome file che per contenuto, ma ancora non ...
      (it.comp.macintosh)
    • Indexing/Searching Chinese
      ... a UTF-8 representation of Chinese. ... Installed the Chinese language packs to the Windows 2000 Server ... With these two items I can get very simple Chinese indexing and searching to ...
      (microsoft.public.inetserver.indexserver)