apm: overridden by ACPI???

From: Robert Harris (robert.l.harris_at_gmail.com)
Date: 03/03/05

    Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 23:13:12 -0500
    To: Debian <debian-user@lists.debian.org>

    On my debian unstable, laptop system, running kernel 2.6.10-1-686
    when try to run "apm -s" I get the error message:

    apm: overridden by ACPI.
    No APM support in kernel

    modprobe apm gives:
    apm: disabled on user request.
    FATAL: Error inserting apm
    (/lib/modules/2.6.10-1-686/kernel/arch/i386/kernel/apm.ko): No such

    apm was working great on this machine last week. I backed down to the
    previoud kernel (2.6.8) but no change.

    Any ideas?

    Robert L. Harris
           ALONE.  I speak for              First One Should Be A Man
           no-one else.                       - Manowar

    • Re: ``shutdown -p now not working in 5.4 STABLE
      ... For power-down, you need to be using ACPI, not APM. ... > But from your dmesg output, it looks like you are using ACPI, ... Ok, I built APM into the kernel and gave it a few tries, fiddling with ...
    • Re: APM Kernel Support
      ... > the kernel with APM support? ... > any luck on finding something specific to APM. ... > I have tried the following (That makes me believe there is no Kernel ... Clemson University Math Sciences ...
    • Re: /proc/acpi/sleep
      ... it seems that FC2's kernel is not compiled with apm support. ... Clemson University Math Sciences ...
    • kernel panic rmmoding apm
      ... uhci_hcd serial_cs 3c574_cs ds yenta_socket pcmcia_core agpgart ... When rmmod'ing apm, I get a kernel panic. ... EIP is at 0xd2d9f211 ...
    • Re: Activating ACPI supend and ACPI Hibernate in klaptop
      ... >> kernel, modifying osl.c to import my modified dsdt, etc. ... Suse 8.2 only has ACPI support and nothing for APM. ... Prior to this I had a reasonably working APM configuration on my Debian ...