made rpm package, broke dpkg

From: Pollywog (linux-debian_at_shadypond.com)
Date: 03/25/05

    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
    Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 22:23:59 +0000

    I made an rpm of dpkg for another system and an unexpected thing happened.
    Checkinstall actually installed the rpm package I made and now when I use dpkg
    I get:

    dpkg: failed to open package info file `/usr/lib/db/status' for reading: No
    such file or directory

    I will probably need to reinstall Debian, but is there a way around that?
    I should have known this would happen, but I guess I did not think enough
    before trying to make the rpm (it was for another system, not this one).

    8)

    --
    sp@mtr@p: croak@shadypond.com