Streaming Radio

From: Keith Bates (kbates_at_pastors.com)
Date: 04/26/05

    Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 10:38:35 +1000
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

    Can someone help me get the following streaming radio site to work?

    http://radio.visionfm.com.au:8000/listen.pls

    I've been using xmms but it just won't play it.

    Is xmms the right app. to use or are their better alternatives?

    Thanks

    --
    God bless you,
    Keith Bates

    • Re: mozilla 1.5 binaries on blastwave
      ... if xmms is as good in eating CPU cycles when in CDDA ... Hrmm, for mp3, xmms is actualy quiet good these days. ... all X11 apps where loaded with the song on autoplay, ... ##2 X11 motif shared app ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • Re: X.org Troubles: XMMS Errors Out, GnuCash Rendering Slow
      ... I noted that XMMS would no longer launch. ... > the app. ... > visualizer plugins, to no avail. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Streaming Radio
      ... > Can someone help me get the following streaming radio site to work? ... > I've been using xmms but it just won't play it. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Play DVDs?, mp3s, etc
      ... So what app would I use to play DVD's and listen to MP3's? ... I know xmms was installed with Gnome, ... I am in CDE and other gnoe apps run from CDE fine. ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • Re: AC97 sound on 2.4 kernel
      ... What app are you trying to use, in what environment? ... I finally got xmms to work under gnome after 1) setting xmms to use OSS ... and 2) realizing that I had "muted" the system using the gnome panel. ...
      (Debian-User)