RE: [TLUG]: weird ghosting of characters in X

From: Rob Brenart (TT) (Rob.Brenart_at_tradingtechnologies.com)
Date: 04/28/05

    Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 16:49:51 -0500
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

    Yeah I developed a similar problem when I switched from a six foot heavy
    duty cable to a 10 foot not so heavy duty cable on one of my monitors...
    a piece of ferrite helped a little, but didn't remedy...

    Coworker had a similar (but more color related) problem when one of the
    pins on her cable was half snapped off.

    So, I'd check the cables first, then try the monitor on a second
    computer, then buy a new monitor if need be.