Re: keymap in debian

From: Joydeep Bakshi (
Date: 04/30/05

    Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 20:40:12 +0530
    To:, Thomas Adam <>

    On Friday 29 Apr 2005 7:47 pm, you wrote:
    > --- Jpydeep Bakshi <> wrote:
    > > error loading /etc/console/boottime.keymap.gz
    > > syntax error at /etc/keymap/boottime.keymap.gz:6
    > > syntax error in map file
    > > keybindings not changed
    > Re-run:
    > dpkg-reconfigure console-data
    > to see if that fixes the issue.

    thanks. I did the same and select *keep kernel keymap* after rebooting it
    shows *syntax error* at line 4 of the map file. then I again executed the
    same command then and select
    select keep map from arch->qwerty->US American->standard

    and it also displayed the error at map file as I mentioned above. along with
    an error *keybindings not changed*
    > Is there any reason why you're posting the same questions to many
    > lists?

    not at all. actually I have come to know about the *debian-list* recently, so
    I have started to post the *debian* specific question to this list. In future
    you can't see any more duplicate question among *tag* and *debian-list*
    but yes I have posted mail regarding CUPS to *tag* first and after not getting
    any response I posted to *debian-list*. happy to say that David Clymer
    <> has given a solutin -;)) thanks David.
    > -- Thomas Adam
    > "The Linux Weekend Mechanic" --
    > "TAG Editor" --
    > "<shrug> We'll just save up your sins, Thomas, and punish
    > you for all of them at once when you get better. The
    > experience will probably kill you. :)"
    > -- Benjamin A. Okopnik (Linux Gazette Technical Editor)

    To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to