Re: keymap in debian

From: Joydeep Bakshi (hizibizi_at_spymac.com)
Date: 04/30/05

    Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 20:40:12 +0530
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org, Thomas Adam <thomas_adam16@yahoo.com>

    On Friday 29 Apr 2005 7:47 pm, you wrote:
    > --- Jpydeep Bakshi <hizibizi@spymac.com> wrote:
    > > error loading /etc/console/boottime.keymap.gz
    > > syntax error at /etc/keymap/boottime.keymap.gz:6
    > > syntax error in map file
    > > keybindings not changed
    >
    > Re-run:
    >
    > dpkg-reconfigure console-data
    >
    > to see if that fixes the issue.

    thanks. I did the same and select *keep kernel keymap* after rebooting it
    shows *syntax error* at line 4 of the map file. then I again executed the
    same command then and select
    select keep map from arch->qwerty->US American->standard

    and it also displayed the error at map file as I mentioned above. along with
    an error *keybindings not changed*

    > Is there any reason why you're posting the same questions to many
    > lists?

    not at all. actually I have come to know about the *debian-list* recently, so
    I have started to post the *debian* specific question to this list. In future
    you can't see any more duplicate question among *tag* and *debian-list*
    but yes I have posted mail regarding CUPS to *tag* first and after not getting
    any response I posted to *debian-list*. happy to say that David Clymer
    <david@zettazebra.com> has given a solutin -;)) thanks David.