Re: AMD cooling utility in debian

From: Dennis Stosberg (lists_at_stosberg.net)
Date: 05/09/05

    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
    Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 12:55:41 +0200

    Am Montag, 9. Mai 2005 12:27 schrieb Wackojacko:

    > How do you change which governor it uses though. I have
    > recently compiled my own kernel with the 'userspace' governor
    > set as default and compiled the ondemand governor into the
    > kernel, but I'm not sure its made any difference. Any help would
    > be appreciated.

    If you want to use the kernel policies, look at the files
    in /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq.

    You can see which governors are available:

      $ cat scaling_available_governors
      ondemand userspace performance

    Also which governor is currently active:

      $ cat scaling_governor
      performance

    And of course you can change the active govenor:

      $ echo -n ondemand > scaling_governor
      $ cat scaling_governor
      ondemand

    Alternatively, you can use a userspace program like cpufreqd or
    powernowd to control the frequency. This allows much finer
    control, based on user-definable rules, battery status, a/c
    status, time, ...

    Regards,
    Dennis

    --