Re: Running KDE

From: Vegard|drageV (vegardlr_at_gmail.com)
Date: 07/13/05

    Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 21:29:42 +0200
    To: user <debian-user@lists.debian.org>

    Type

    /etc/init.d/kdm start

    to start X.

    Good luck, Vegard

    On 7/13/05, Andrej Perdih <perdih_andrej@email.si> wrote:
    > I will ask now: Wenn I download and install the x and kde.
    >
    > What should I run so that i will have the graphical interface and i will come to
    > KDE enviroment?
    >
    > Realy thanks!
    >
    > This support rules!
    >
    > Cheers from Slovenia!
    >
    > A.
    >
    > ____________________
    > http://www.email.si/

    • Best variant of Fedora for a Virtual Machine...?
      ... To this end I've tried to download and install 64-bit Fedora versions on a virtual machine. ... The version for Gnome just will not install, so moving down the list of options, I stumble upon the KDE version, download and install. ... To practice prior to my exam I would like to be able to enter commands at the command line: obtaining terminal windows using KDE comes across as clunky. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Yast and latest KDE updates
      ... > I'm trying to use Yast to download the latest KDE updates i.e. KDE ... Then use YasT add/remove software, and you'll see the packages ... You might also want to install the packages one by one, ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: (Prob. OT) Plan 9
      ... I may download the live CD if it has a desktop, does it have KDE, ... The only way to really get a web browser would be to install the Inferno ... someone wrote a minimal web broswer for Plan 9 called ...
      (alt.linux)
    • Re: what is where in the iso-images
      ... (I used the german debian homepage since ... want a debian with kde, you should download this file: ... found) I need to download THIS CD-Image? ... dependencies as .deb files and install those manually. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: [SLE] Ximian Evolution
      ... you can use Evolution in KDE. ... download and install. ...
      (SuSE)