Re: Re: 32 or 64

From: Enrique Morfin (enriquemorfin_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 07/13/05

    Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 14:18:41 -0700 (PDT)
    To: debian user <debian-user@lists.debian.org>

    http://www.intel.com/products/processor/xeon/index.htm

    >> i have 90nm. :)
    >>
    >> >There are stock kernel image for most
    architectures.
    >> >Depends on which
    >> >64-bit you've got (ia64 or amd64 or em64t).
    >>
    >> I'll try the em64t.

    >That sounds like the right one, yes.

    I tried it (kernel-image-2.6.8-11-em64t-p4-smp), and
    worked, almost good. The only problem was that can't
    use iptables. It gived me a message about the filter
    table (or change the kernel). But the iptable_filter
    module was alredy loaded.

    I can't use it because is a headless server.
    I need to install from scratch amd64 port?
    or just update sources.list to pure64?

    deb
    http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/debian-pure64
    sarge main contrib non-free
    deb-src
    http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/debian-pure64
    sarge main contrib non-free

    Thanks.

    • Re: Installation DVDs - Questions
      ... You must answer the questions the installer will ask, ... deb http://ftp.pucpr.br/debian sarge main contrib non-free ... deb-src http://ftp.pucpr.br/debian sarge main contrib non-free ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Upgrading from stable to testing with apt-get?
      ... deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US sarge/non-US main contrib non-free ... WATCH for the sarge word instead of woody or stable, ... As root run apt-get update. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Sources list for upgrade from sarge to etch?
      ... Because it says in the release notes to make sure it points to sarge ... Deb http://security.debian.org/ oldstable/updates main contrib. ... deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stable main contrib non-free ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Sources for sarge...
      ... testing to sarge and unstable to sarge. ... deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ sarge main contrib non-free ... deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US/ sarge/non-US main non-free ... deb http://security.debian.org/ sarge/updates main contrib non-free ...
      (Debian-User)
    • cpu frequency scaling
      ... the cpuspeed daemon that comes with FC4. ... Take Yahoo! ... Check email on your mobile phone. ...
      (Fedora)