exim4, sa-exim, clamav

From: Stephen Allen (kru_tch_at_yahoo.ca)
Date: 07/17/05

    Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 18:27:01 -0400
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

    OK having lots of problems here. Unfortunately, I've mis configured this
    setup. Can someone help me out here ?

    I have the following enabled in my exim4.conf (monolithic);

    # Dynamically loadable local_scan rules! :-)
    #local_scan_path = /usr/lib/exim4/accept.so
    # You don't *really* need to turn SA off here, it's off by default in
    # CONFDIR/spamassassin.conf
    # That said, it will fail if you don't have the dlopen_localscan patch
    # or the sa-exim module in the specified location
    # See htp://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/sa.html for more details.
    #local_scan_path = /usr/lib/exim4/local_scan/sa-exim.so

    ## the following added by moi July 16 2005

    #av_scanner = clamd:/var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl

    I followed this guide:

    www.timj.co.uk/linux/Exim-SpamAndVirusScanning.pdf

    Now when I run fetchmail or check my exim4 logs, I'm told this:

    > fetchmail: SMTP error: 451 /usr/libexec/exim/sa-exim.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

    Any ideas ?

    • Re: 2.6.12 Performance problems
      ... to tell me what was wrong with my setup, ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • gutenprint - postscript - setup check
      ... would you guys please check my setup. ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • problem installing gaphor
      ... Traceback: ... line 149, in setup ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
      (freebsd-stable)
    • Using Crystal 9, 10 or 11 with Minisoft ODBC on MPE 6.0
      ... do you have any setup or run time ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ... To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * ...
      (comp.sys.hp.mpe)
    • Guide to x.org update?
      ... Is there any simple guide to how to do this? ... I'll miss something or forget about rebuilding ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
      (freebsd-questions)