how to tell the refresh rate of current display?

From: phyrster (phyrster_at_gmail.com)
Date: 07/26/05

    Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 01:25:18 +0800
    To: debian-user <debian-user@lists.debian.org>

    Hi Debianers,

    I have already configured in xorg.conf a default entry of modeline line. My
    question is:

    Which tool can tell me the refresh rate of current display? In other words,
    how do I know this modeline is working?

    System configuration: xorg, fluxbox, sarge

    regards

    bxuef

    --
    dhammapada says:

      The sage of profound wisdom, the expert in the right and wrong road, he
      who has achieved the supreme purpose - that is what I call a brahmin.
      403