how to tell the refresh rate of current display?

From: phyrster (phyrster_at_gmail.com)
Date: 07/26/05

    Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 01:25:18 +0800
    To: debian-user <debian-user@lists.debian.org>

    Hi Debianers,

    I have already configured in xorg.conf a default entry of modeline line. My
    question is:

    Which tool can tell me the refresh rate of current display? In other words,
    how do I know this modeline is working?

    System configuration: xorg, fluxbox, sarge

    regards

    bxuef

    --
    dhammapada says:

      The sage of profound wisdom, the expert in the right and wrong road, he
      who has achieved the supreme purpose - that is what I call a brahmin.
      403

    • Re: Incorrect refresh rate with i915 video on FC4
      ... >You may experiment with different modelines and sync settings. ... > based on your refresh rate values (are they correct and match the ... I have also used that tool to come with a proper ModeLine value and no ... Hooked up to my PowerBook or Windows, the display is crystal clear. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: how to tell the refresh rate of current display?
      ... > Hi Debianers, ... > I have already configured in xorg.conf a default entry of modeline line. ... > System configuration: xorg, fluxbox, sarge ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: X server in F14 horribly slow
      ... But I did not change any configuration between fc13 and fc14. ... SubSection "Display" ... Viewport 0 0 ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: TFT contrast problem
      ... I'm trying to interface Casio 3,5" TFT display to ... When bar width is increased contrast is bad ... The configuration utility was not able to ...
      (comp.arch.embedded)
    • Re: HDTV and Nvidia 6600GT help
      ... However advanced timings of display adapter might help us to get the right ... you will get the HDTV configuration from ATI drivers. ... so there is no correct resolution for my TV in ATI Display ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)