Re: Can't locate Apache2.pm in @INC

From: Nicos Gollan (gtdev_at_spearhead.de)
Date: 07/31/05

    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
    Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 15:09:59 +0200

    On Sunday July 31 2005 00:50, Paul Scott wrote:
    > on sid I am getting on trying to start Apache2:
    > Can't locate Apache2.pm in @INC
    >
    > and
    >
    > Can't load Perl module Apache2
    >
    > I have both packages installed which contain Apache2.pm according to
    > http://packages.debian.org
    >
    > From much Googling I understand this is because of name changes in
    > Apache2. Is there a Debian solution to this?

    mod_perl2 had a rather radical change in its API sometime in the late 1.99x
    releases which actually removed the "Apache2.pm" module and created the
    Apache2 namespace for sub-modules (before, Apache2.pm redirected the Apache
    namespace to Apache2). If you have written any code for mod_perl2 or if
    you're using any packages which need it, you'll need to fix your code or get
    updated packages.

    Here's the description of the problem along with some advice on how to fix
    your own code:
    http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/rename.html#Effects

    --
    Got Backup?
    Jabber: Shadowdancer at jabber.fsinf.de

    • Cant locate Apache2.pm in @INC
      (Debian-User)
    • [Full-disclosure] [USN-173-2] PCRE vulnerability
      ... pcre3, apache2 vulnerabilities ... Ubuntu 4.10 ... Updated packages for Ubuntu 4.10: ... amd64 architecture ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • [USN-173-2] PCRE vulnerability
      ... pcre3, apache2 vulnerabilities ... Ubuntu 4.10 ... Updated packages for Ubuntu 4.10: ... amd64 architecture ...
      (Bugtraq)
    • Re: Mysql Database installation problem
      ... The following packages will be REMOVED: ... Removing php-sqlite3 ... ... apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain ... Your installing one package here. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: synaptic - stuck
      ... ServerName ... configuration options for some packages and the poor state of synaptic ... I do remember one instance when I was upgrading apache2. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (Debian-User)