cups in debian??

From: Gene Heskett (
Date: 08/01/05

    Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 08:00:24 -0400

    New 3.1 install, got x working, sorta.

    I still do not know howto switch from the gnome desktop to the kde
    desktop, hints please.

    Also, since I've got cups working here, I thought I'd point a browser
    at http://localhost:631 on that box and and see if I could get that
    to work. Unforch, no page exists, and according to aptitude, no
    package named cups exists.

    Howto fix this, please?

    Cheers, Gene
    -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
    99.35% setiathome rank, not too shabby for a WV hillbilly and AOL/TW attorneys please note, additions to the above
    message by Gene Heskett are:
    To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to