Re: installing D-Link DWL-650 (16-bit) on sid w/ 2.6.12 kernel

From: Paul Scott (paslist_at_ultrasw.com)
Date: 08/08/05

    Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 03:56:49 -0700
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

    Bob Proulx wrote:

    >Paul Scott wrote:
    >

    >>What modules do I need to install D-Link DWL-650 (16-bit) on sid w/
    >>2.6.12 kernel or do I need to build a kernel? First it's not clear what
    >>chip set. lspci doesn't give me anything. The hostap modules which
    >>support prism and provide prism2_cs are only available for the 2.6.8 kernel.
    >>

    >I don't know much about this card but I do have this pointer available
    >and so here is the extent of the help I might be able to provide.
    >
    > http://stef.tvk.rwth-aachen.de/~nazgul/debian/DWL-650+_Howto.html

    Thanks. Google found that. Unfortunately that is a 32-bit cardbus card
    with a different chip set.

    Paul

    • Re: [SPAM:]
      ... >>2.6.12 kernel or do I need to build a kernel? ... Unfortunately that is a 32-bit cardbus card ... with a different chip set. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: slow kernel when memory = 8G
      ... [problems getting the kernel to see/use 8GB properly] ... processors, an Intel E7501 chip set, and 8 GBytes RAM. ... thx for the information Jean-David! ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: wifi on 5.3, sort of OT
      ... > over wifi. ... > Problem seems to be right now that my Netgear WG511T cardbus card ... > wi, cardbus, pcmcia, and the bridge are all compiled into my kernel. ... > cbb0: CardBus card activation failed ...
      (freebsd-current)
    • oops eject cardbus 2.6.7
      ... when ejecting a cardbus card, I got the following oops. ... Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 6b6b6b83 ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: slow kernel when memory = 8G
      ... [problems getting the kernel to see/use 8GB properly] ... processors, an Intel E7501 chip set, and 8 GBytes RAM. ... But the fact that his motherboard will take 8 GBytes RAM implies that the ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)