rsync won't stop password prompt

From: Rob Brenart (debian_at_oculardata.com)
Date: 08/18/05

    Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:56:54 -0500
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

    I'm trying to script an rsync process and I keep getting the password
    prompt... here's my "script"

    rsync -avz -e /usr/bin/ssh --password-file=/home/username/pwd.rsync
    /home/user/test/ host:/home/username/test

    And it works fine, but it prompts me for a password even though I'm
    using --password-file

    I also tried putting
    export RSYNC_PASSWORD=pwd

    but that didn't have an effect either.

    Any help?

    • behavioral change of "read" builtin for sh on 8-CURRENT
      ... This script waits for terminal input for each of the above variables (INT, ... On 8-CURRENT if I hit Enter with no input at the prompt the system seems to ... recognize the newline as input and continues to sit there until I hit Enter ... Enter network interface: ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: behavioral change of "read" builtin for sh on 8-CURRENT
      ... This script waits for terminal input for each of the above variables (INT, ... On 8-CURRENT if I hit Enter with no input at the prompt the system seems to ... recognize the newline as input and continues to sit there until I hit Enter ... Enter network interface: ...
      (freebsd-current)
    • Re: behavioral change of "read" builtin for sh on 8-CURRENT
      ... This script waits for terminal input for each of the above variables (INT, ... On 8-CURRENT if I hit Enter with no input at the prompt the system seems to ... recognize the newline as input and continues to sit there until I hit Enter ... Enter network interface: ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • behavioral change of "read" builtin for sh on 8-CURRENT
      ... This script waits for terminal input for each of the above variables (INT, ... On 8-CURRENT if I hit Enter with no input at the prompt the system seems to ... recognize the newline as input and continues to sit there until I hit Enter ... Enter network interface: ...
      (freebsd-current)
    • RE: Internet explorer will not update
      ... Connections>> Double click Internet Options, ... Automatic prompting for ActiveX controls ... Prompt ... Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as Safe ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)