Alt+numbers for special characters (e with acute accent, for example)

From: David R. Litwin (presently42_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/30/05

    Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 23:56:45 -0400
    To: debian users <debian-user@lists.debian.org>

    I ask this here because I have no idea how to word it for Google. My
    appologies in advance.

    On windows, it is quite easy to insert a special character: For example, e
    with an acute accent () is accessed via typing Alt+0233.

    Simply, how do I do this on Debian?

    Thank you kindly in advance.

    --
    A watched bread-crumb never boils.
    My hover-craft is full of eels.

    • Installing debian on HP pavilion a6434
      ... Looking on google I found a couple of suggesion: ... the only problem is windows on a dual-boot system, ... disables the nic when shutdown windows and reboot into linux. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: [opensuse] Converting wmv files to mtv format
      ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... A quick Google gets this: ... Terry, do you have Windows? ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [opensuse] Converting wmv files to mtv format
      ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... A quick Google gets this: ... Terry, do you have Windows? ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Problem with Google
      ... Kent W. England, Microsoft MVP for Windows ... > Are you trying to get to Google? ... > In Windows, open the Notepad program. ... To file a complaint, visit: ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Re: my browser hijacked Help!