[hardware] PCI IDE controller oddity

From: Rodney D. Myers (rdmyers.42_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/31/05

    Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:44:28 -0700
    To: Debian User List <debian-user@lists.debian.org>

    I just attempted to install an "InClose ID-ATA66-2C PCI IDE
    Controller", when initially installed and booted up, debian etch finds
    it.

    The problem. It rearranges the drive layout, and gives a kernel panic,
    which is to be expected.

    I then attempted to install the boot hard drive(s) onto the controller,
    but the system just hung.

    No manual came with the controller.

    Any idea(s) how to get the computer to run with a dvd-writer attached
    to this controller?

    Thanks

    --
    Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers.42@gmail.com>