[hardware] PCI IDE controller oddity

From: Rodney D. Myers (rdmyers.42_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/31/05

    Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:44:28 -0700
    To: Debian User List <debian-user@lists.debian.org>

    I just attempted to install an "InClose ID-ATA66-2C PCI IDE
    Controller", when initially installed and booted up, debian etch finds
    it.

    The problem. It rearranges the drive layout, and gives a kernel panic,
    which is to be expected.

    I then attempted to install the boot hard drive(s) onto the controller,
    but the system just hung.

    No manual came with the controller.

    Any idea(s) how to get the computer to run with a dvd-writer attached
    to this controller?

    Thanks

    --
    Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers.42@gmail.com>
    Registered Linux User #96112

    • RE: fedora-list Digest, Vol 10, Issue 190
      ... > internal sound card is not recognized. ... > an Adaptec 2410SA Serial ATA RAID controller and a four drive array. ... > install cleanly. ... > I am guessing that I am getting blocked by a closed port. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Problem with Raid Array persistence across reboots.
      ... I recently set up a Sarge box, with raid and LVM. ... 0000:00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corp. Server Memory Controller Hub ... Install base system: ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: How to remove vestage DNS entries?
      ... By promoting the new server, ... >> converted to a secondary domain controller. ... I tried to install the Microsoft.net SP1 and it gave me the following error ... "The Upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer because the ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
    • Re: Promise PDC20376
      ... Fasttrak SATA 376 controller on my Asus A7V8X motherboard. ... I proceeded to install a rather recent copy of Kbuntu ... drive mapping didn't match the one used by the bios. ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Mandrake install problem - Siig controller
      ... I can boot from either the CD or floppy - tried both. ... The install seems unable to detect my hard drives. ... controller, using its primary and secondary ide channels. ... It is capable of creating/formatting ext2 and ext2 as well as the standard ...
      (comp.os.linux.setup)