Re: [hardware] PCI IDE controller oddity

From: srg krn (srgqwerty_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/31/05

    Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 23:05:20 +0200
    To: Debian User List <debian-user@lists.debian.org>

    in the lilo boot prompt you can specify where is the / filesystem with the
    "root=" parameter.

    On 8/31/05, Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers.42@gmail.com> wrote:

    > I just attempted to install an "InClose ID-ATA66-2C PCI IDE
    > Controller", when initially installed and booted up, debian etch finds
    > it.
    >
    > The problem. It rearranges the drive layout, and gives a kernel panic,
    > which is to be expected.
    >
    > I then attempted to install the boot hard drive(s) onto the controller,
    > but the system just hung.
    >
    > No manual came with the controller.
    >
    > Any idea(s) how to get the computer to run with a dvd-writer attached
    > to this controller?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > --
    > Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers.42@gmail.com>
    > Registered Linux User #96112
    > ICQ#: AIM#: YAHOO:
    > 18002350 mailman452 mailman42_5
    >
    > They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a
    > little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    > Ben Franklin - 1759

    • RE: fedora-list Digest, Vol 10, Issue 190
      ... > internal sound card is not recognized. ... > an Adaptec 2410SA Serial ATA RAID controller and a four drive array. ... > install cleanly. ... > I am guessing that I am getting blocked by a closed port. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Problem with Raid Array persistence across reboots.
      ... I recently set up a Sarge box, with raid and LVM. ... 0000:00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corp. Server Memory Controller Hub ... Install base system: ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: How to remove vestage DNS entries?
      ... By promoting the new server, ... >> converted to a secondary domain controller. ... I tried to install the Microsoft.net SP1 and it gave me the following error ... "The Upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer because the ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
    • Re: Promise PDC20376
      ... Fasttrak SATA 376 controller on my Asus A7V8X motherboard. ... I proceeded to install a rather recent copy of Kbuntu ... drive mapping didn't match the one used by the bios. ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: XP setup cannot detect hard disks
      ... Check the instructions for the Intel mobo! ... complete can you switch the cabling over to the RAID controller. ... > installed in this computer" error message when i try to install windows xp ... > the setup displayed. ...