RE: my first raid disaster on reboot :o( update

From: Ken Walker (ken.walker_at_manchester.ac.uk)
Date: 09/08/05

    To: debian-user <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
    Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 15:06:28 +0100

    Many thanks for your reply.

    The reference to raid0 was the copied example given at the web page i
    included.

    / , /urs, /tmp, /home and such are on two 9gig scsi drives , all partitions
    including swap are raid1 and they boot and mount fine now. There under md1
    md2 md4 md5 and the system boots from md0.

    It's just getting md7 and md8 to mount at boot :o(

    I'm using the whole of each ide drive, no partitioning. So i used /dev/hda -

    output of mdstat is all U's :o)

    even when i mount md7 and md8 manually mdstat says its a happy bunny

    !