resolvconf not working?

From: Michelasso (qzerty_at_gmail.com)
Date: 09/18/05

    Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 13:00:47 +0200
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

    Hello everybody,
    I am using resolvconf 1.33 from sid; I have modified
    /etc/network/interfaces adding to the static configuration of eth0 this line:

    dns-nameservers 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.2

    where 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2 are the ip address of two
    nameservers I can use in my lan. If I am not wrong in this way when I
    do an 'ifup eth0'
    resolvconf should automatically add the two nameservers to /etc/resolv.conf

    But this isn't happening and I have /etc/resolv.conf empty.
    I am forced to use 'cat
    /etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d/original | resolvconf -a eth0' to
    have the two nameserver added (since they are present in the file
    /etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d/original, I haven't understood exactly
    why; I can't remember if resolvconf was working before and maybe it
    has saved informations about nameserver in that file).
    Is anybody experiencing the same problem? Am I doing something wrong?
    Bye.