Re: resolvconf not working?

From: Mike (mikewk147_at_comcast.net)
Date: 09/18/05

    Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 12:34:45 -0400
    To: Debian User <debian-user@lists.debian.org>

    >>On Sun, 2005-09-18 at 13:00 +0200, Michelasso wrote:
    >>

    >>>Hello everybody,
    >>>I am using resolvconf 1.33 from sid; I have modified
    >>>/etc/network/interfaces adding to the static configuration
    >>>

    >>of eth0 this line:
    >>

    >>>dns-nameservers 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.2
    >>>
    >>>where 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2 are the ip address of two
    >>>nameservers I can use in my lan. If I am not wrong in this
    >>>

    >>way when I
    >>

    >>>do an 'ifup eth0' resolvconf should automatically add the two
    >>>nameservers to /etc/resolv.conf
    >>>

    >>I'm not familiar with the dns-nameservers directive, but
    >>perhaps it is intended to indicate a selection of entries in
    >>/etc/resolv.conf rather than actively creating the entries.
    >>
    >>-davidc
    >>--
    >>gpg-key: http://www.zettazebra.com/files/key.gpg

    I could be wrong, but as far as I know, the dns-nameservers is not a
    valid declaration for /etc/network/interfaces, at least I couldn't find
    it in the interfaces manpage. If the nameserver addresses are static,
    you don't need the resolvconf package. All you have to do is set up
    /etc/resolv.conf.

    • Re: How to create a window showing building block organiser in 2007
      ... displays the entries show the text be large enough to read or will it attempt ... Private Sub cmdInsertComment_Click ... comment containing the selected autotext at the location of the selection. ...
      (microsoft.public.word.vba.general)
    • Re: Select boxes to select sets
      ... You seem to want to select options in one list based on the selection from another list. ... select entries where isOddis false. ... Each object can have properties for value, isPrime and isOdd. ... Select the associated entry in the list if object's value for the tested property is true. ...
      (comp.lang.javascript)
    • Re: Address line URL entry removal
      ... This little free utility lets you selectively remove typed LRU's from the drop-down list. ... How can I remove individual URL usages after browsing to a website? ... to do is just put 25 less provocative entries in it instead. ... How can I remove just a set selection of entries also, ...
    • Re: Misnomers in the COBOL standard
      ... of "presenting data description entries to a VALIDATE ... VALIDATE statement" makes perfect sense. ... clause also enables conditional selection of data description ...
      (comp.lang.cobol)
    • Re: CheckListBox and DataSource
      ... when the checked list box is on a tab this helps. ... > until the user makes a selection that will display information. ... > the entries that are to be selected automatically from the data source? ... > Must one always make a pass through the entries and manually set which ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.windowsforms.controls)