Two internet connections, one firewall

From: Andrea Ganduglia (nonews.org_at_gmail.com)
Date: 09/25/05

    Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 13:43:24 +0200
    To: usr_debian <debian-user@lists.debian.org>

    I wonder if it is possible to have two internet connections running at
    the same time on one box. Sure, one connection, one Eth

    Schema:

            Router0 <---> Eth0 TUX Eth1 <---> Router1
                               Eth2

                               LAN (Hub)

    Default gateway of LAN clients is Eth2, that have for gw Eth0.
    In case Eth0 is down TUX (the firewall) which automatically onto Eth1.
    Is it possible? And it is possibile using at the same time connections
    on redundancy?

    --
    Openclose.it - Idee per il software libero
    http://www.openclose.it

    • no LAN connection if internet connection is down
      ... I noticed a weird problem that occurs only if a gateway is down. ... Suppose eth0 is down for some reason. ... ssh connections are possible. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Router with two WAN connections
      ... I have a Linux router with an ethernet and pppoe outbound connection. ... eth0 is active and works like a charm, whereas ppp0 seems to be active, ... connections work at a time (ssh connections should be routed through ... while all other traffic will go through eth0 - don't ask why). ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: Wireless
      ... > to simply route the traffic via both interfaces. ... > If you really want to use both connections at the same time, ... Though the thing I want to do is to start eth0 automatically if the ... wire is present and start eth1 if the wire is not present. ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: Iptables Forwarded traffic
      ... Since all connections coming from the outside world can't contact the local network directly, it seems impossible that a connection marked as new could try to reach another computer than my router? ... All that is needed is that packets arrive at eth0 with the destination address of one of your private hosts, and your Linux-based router will happily route them to their destination. ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: DSL
      ... Under Connections, do you see something labeled "Wired Connection" ?? ... >>Select eth0, select the properties button. ... >>Modify settings or unsubscribe at: ...
      (Ubuntu)