ps ax output and screen

From: Jan Steding (steding_at_animedia.de)
Date: 09/27/05

    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
    Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 19:14:59 +0200

    Hello NG,

    i use two different linux server with debian on it. one with kernel
    2.4.20 and the other with 2.6.12.
    with the 2.6.12 kernel i get the right output from ps with screen:

    user01@sonne:$ ps ax|grep -i screen
     7203 ? Ss 0:00 SCREEN -A -m -d -S g99be ./XXXX
    31242 pts/2 R+ 0:00 grep -i screen

    with the other server i get not the right output from screen.

    user01@gs01:# ps ax|grep -i screen
    16141 ? Ss 0:00 [screen]
    16192 ? Ss 0:00 [screen]
    16240 ? Ss 0:00 [screen]

    the screen name is missing

    is this an failure in screen or ps?
    where can i fix the problem?

    best regards.

    Jan

    • Re: Backing up Windows using rsync
      ... schedule the script to copy the files/folders to a Debian based Linux server in the following folder structure: ... This would mean I'd need the Debian server storage capacity would need to be ... you could put the storage to LVM and eventually add more disks when they are needed. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Backing up Windows using rsync
      ... Linux server in the following folder structure: ... This would mean I'd need the Debian server storage capacity would ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Backing up Windows using rsync
      ... Linux server in the following folder structure: ... This would mean I'd need the Debian server storage capacity would ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Second serial ATA drive does not work
      ... We have a linux server, installed with Debian 3.1r2 with ... integrated in the kernel since version 2.6. ... Does the motherboards' hardware list the sata hardware in the boot routine? ...
      (comp.os.linux.setup)
    • pa ax output
      ... i use two different linux server with debian on it. ... with the 2.6.12 kernel i get the right output from ps with screen: ... best regards. ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)