Re: Responses to the list

From: Chris Bannister (mockingbird_at_ihug.co.nz)
Date: 10/01/05

    Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 22:03:55 +1200
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

    On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 05:44:20PM -0400, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
    > Mike McCarty wrote:
    >
    > >>Doesn't T-bird have a "Reply to list" option?
    > >>

    > >It does NOT.
    >

    > Neither Thunderbird has the reply to list button nor there is an
    > extension which enables this behavior.
    >
    > I have composed a list of email clients which do/do not have this
    > feature. The list can be found at
    >
    > http://www.linuks.mine.nu/debian-faq-wiki/ReplyToListEmailClients
    >
    > Needless to say, please let me know, if someone has additional info as
    > to other email clients can do this or not. I would be happy to add it.

    A few people seem to be using Gnus and heaps seem to be using mutt.
    People talk about mutt but not about Gnus. Apparently Gnus is not a
    "proper" mail reader, but more of a Usenet News reader.

    So, do people use Gnus to read the debian-* lists from usenet, or are
    {quite|very} happy using Gnus as a mail client.

    Sorry if it seems OT, but all talk is about Thunderbird, KMail, mutt ...
    but not Gnus. Too esoteric?

    'apt-cache show gnus' looks very interesting!

    --
    Chris.
    ======