ipmasq odd behaviour in kernel 2.6.8 install

From: John Anderson (riokerr_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 10/02/05

    Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 11:18:31 -0400 (EDT)
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

    Hi everybody,

    I just installed debian sarge w/2.6 kernel on a
    computer that I use as a router. Quick facts has 1.5
    Gb of RAM, Intel 845 board, P4 1.5 Ghz processor.
    Worked fine before I put a new install (old server
    fried so decided to use this one but wanted a bigger
    hard disk so installed fresh).

    The problem is that I've noticed on the client
    computers they can't access certain sites like
    Yahoo.ca... At first I thought I just got DSL (dumped
    Charter cable) and maybe something was wrong...
    However, when I log into the server it accesses those
    sites w/no problem...

    My question is should I go back to a 2.4 kernel
    because the computer worked just fine w/IPmasq before
    or should I compile a newer kernel 2.6.x? I need to
    compile a new kernel regardless since it doesn't
    recognise all of the memory.

    If you anyone can help me I'd be very appreciative :)
    Not sure what to do at this point.

    Thank you in advance,

    John