Desktop icons, bottom bar to switch desktops is gone from KDE

From: J F (j1234f_at_excite.com)
Date: 10/05/05

    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
    Date: Wed,  5 Oct 2005 11:26:54 -0400 (EDT)

    Yesterday, I added the pattern *.ASP to to the applications that
    should be opened by the embedded html viewer inside konqueror.
    Maybe this caused my problem, maybe it did not.
    Then I shutdown for the evening.

    Today, my desktop is a blank blue except that for 20
    (one for each of my 20 Konqueror windows)
    or so little error windows that say:
    Could not find mime type application/octet-stream

    I click OK to kill the error notification box and another
    window immediately pops up to say:
    Konqueror - The KDE Crash Handler (window title)
    The application Konqueror (konqueror) crashed and caused the
    signal 11 (SIGSEGV).

    Then I type konqueror in a shell and
    I get the same pop up window and crash.
    What debian package is the html embedded viewer inside of?
    Looks like I will have to delete it and reinstall.

    • Re: [kde-linux] "Dir Filter" has gone missing in 4.7.3 +
      ... The icon and the window are not listed. ... and dolphin works well enough in its role of glorified file dialog, ... rarely have a use for konqueror in file management mode at all, ... I would be willing to use Dolphin for building stuff although the browsing is convenient for README and installation instructions some of which are now in HTML which would mean that it would have to open Konqueror to look at them. ...
      (KDE)
    • Re: Image sizing in Konqueror
      ... dense images, e.g. jpegs, to fit the window when opened in KDE ... like the same thing in Konqueror. ... Gwenview is an image viewer/manager. ... GnuPG Public Key: 4DD0A9A6 Keyserver: subkeys.pgp.net ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: [kde-linux] [opensuse-kde] Re: Deleting the Selection
      ... Start kmail or kontact. ... I double-clicked in the konqueror address bar to select all that text. ... I clicked the konsole window. ...
      (KDE)
    • Re: [SLE] Eject on SuSE 9.1
      ... Good day Thadeu and Pete, ... On my 9.0 it is so that KDE is set up to preload an invisible instance ... of Konqueror, so that when I choose to open a Konqueror window to ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [SLE] Eject on SuSE 9.1
      ... > Good day Thadeu and Pete, ... > On my 9.0 it is so that KDE is set up to preload an invisible ... > instance of Konqueror, so that when I choose to open a Konqueror ... > window to view a FS a window will open fast because a ...
      (SuSE)