Re: CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_FWMARK not working in Debian !

From: Nelson Castillo (nelsoneci_at_gmail.com)
Date: 10/10/05

    Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 11:30:40 -0500
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

    On 10/10/05, Mariusz Kruk <kruk@rdc.pl> wrote:
    > Nelson Castillo napisał(a):
    > >># iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -s <LAN_IP> -j MARK --set-mark 5
    > > I guess you should use the conntrack module. I'm not sure,
    > > but I think you're marking only the first packet of the
    > > connection.
    >
    > Naaah. What does mangling packets have to do with connection tracking?

    Naaaah. I said I had a different scenario. Now I remember
    I'm using DNAT for the load balancer and I need to mark
    the connections when they come from the internet so I
    can route them back using the correct interface.

    He doesn't need conntrack... Anyway, whe wanted to know
    if someone had CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_FWMARK working in
    Debian and we told him we do.

    --
    Homepage : http://geocities.com/arhuaco
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself

    • Re: CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_FWMARK not working in Debian !
      ... but I think you're marking only the first packet of the ... connection. ... Homepage: http://geocities.com/arhuaco The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: PPTP thru SUSEfirewall
      ... name and password" but the connection is usually terminated before ... The firewall has to know what to do with the GRE packets. ... break PPTP connections originating from the inside.) ... conntrack module will be loaded automatically) and see what happens." ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_FWMARK not working in Debian !
      ... > I guess you should use the conntrack module. ... > but I think you're marking only the first packet of the ... What does mangling packets have to do with connection tracking? ...
      (Debian-User)