Re: CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_FWMARK not working in Debian !

From: Nelson Castillo (nelsoneci_at_gmail.com)
Date: 10/10/05

    Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 11:30:40 -0500
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

    On 10/10/05, Mariusz Kruk <kruk@rdc.pl> wrote:
    > Nelson Castillo napisał(a):
    > >># iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -s <LAN_IP> -j MARK --set-mark 5
    > > I guess you should use the conntrack module. I'm not sure,
    > > but I think you're marking only the first packet of the
    > > connection.
    >
    > Naaah. What does mangling packets have to do with connection tracking?

    Naaaah. I said I had a different scenario. Now I remember
    I'm using DNAT for the load balancer and I need to mark
    the connections when they come from the internet so I
    can route them back using the correct interface.

    He doesn't need conntrack... Anyway, whe wanted to know
    if someone had CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_FWMARK working in
    Debian and we told him we do.

    --
    Homepage : http://geocities.com/arhuaco
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself