problem with fonts in sid

From: Bai-Lin Deng (bldeng_at_gmail.com)
Date: 10/22/05

    Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 18:22:40 +0800
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

    Hi all,

        I have both kde and gnome installed in sid and found the following
    problem: I have specified both gtk and qt fonts at 9 pixels. However
    when I firstly launch gtk applications in kde, the gtk fonts seems to
    be smaller than qt fonts. And after I launch "gnome control
    center"(simply launch it), the problem is fixed. So now I have to
    launch gnome control center first if I want the gtk and qt fonts to be
    at same size. Anyone with similar problems? Thanks all.

        Eric

    • Re: problem with fonts in sid
      ... I have specified both gtk and qt fonts at 9 pixels. ... And after I launch "gnome control ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Slow start-up times
      ... If you use a font manager that causes fonts to be enabled and disabled ... startup times for Word again increase to 50 seconds. ... correctly - 17 seconds when Word needs to create a new Normal template ... login and the launch time is disturbingly slow on my login only. ...
      (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
    • RE: I killed X.
      ... There was a typo in my desperate message. ... launch X for all of the reasons I described. ... Fatal Server Error ... PS. Don't use kcontrol 3.2.1 to install fonts as root. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Slow start-up times
      ... I have a set of about 400 fonts which I always keep enabled. ... startup times for Word again increase to 50 seconds. ... correctly - 17 seconds when Word needs to create a new Normal template ... login and the launch time is disturbingly slow on my login only. ...
      (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
    • Re: Office Crashes on Launch
      ... So that the office called from Dock is a rest from some all ... fonts that came with Office. ... If you create a new User in System Preferences, does Office launch in the ... Entourage Help Blog ...
      (microsoft.public.mac.office)