Many packages missing from testing

From: Joona Kiiski (joona.kiiski_at_gmail.com)
Date: 11/10/05

    Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 20:17:44 +0200
    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

    Hi!

    Now for about two weeks there have been many packages out of testing. I'm
    must wondering what's the point? Those missing packages prevent me from
    upgrading because there are many among those which I desperatily need and I
    don't want to start hacking apt. Wouldn't it be better to have an unstable
    version of packages in testing than no version at all!

    Okay, you are pros, I'm just a newbie and there must be a good reason for
    this, this situation is just irritating. Maybe you could consider having
    four versions
    of debian in transition phase, like: stable, testing, testing-new, unstable.
    And when 99.5% packages would have entered testing-new it could replace
    testing. Just an idea, maybe it would just make things too complicated for
    developers and maintainers.

    --
    Joona Kiiski <joona.kiiski@gmail.com>