Xorg 6.8.2:can't swith to console from X

From: giv (goldolphin_at_gmail.com)
Date: 11/17/05

    To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
    Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 22:58:17 +0800

    When in Xorg's GUI,I can't switch to virtual terminal by pressing ctrl
    +alt+f1-f6,although there are 6 getty processes running.

    I searched the web and got some information but couldn't resolve the
    issue yet.

    Also I can't switch the screen resolution by the "ctrl+alt+ +/-" combo
    key,but "ctrl+alt+backspace" works.

    I think it's the xkbmap that cause the problem,because I found some
    hints in /var/log/Xorg.0.log:
        (EE) Couldn't load XKB keymap, falling back to pre-XKB keymap

    and when I ran the following command:
        setxkbmap -rules xorg -model pc104 -layout us
    it tells:
        Couldn't interpret _XKB_RULES_NAMES property
        Use defaults: rules - 'xorg' model - 'pc101' layout - 'us'
        Error loading new keyboard description

    And,"setxkbmap -rules xorg -model pc101 -layout us" gave the same
    information.There must be something wrong with XKB,but I don't know how
    to resolve it.Can someone give me a few pointers?

    Thank you!

    The keyborad section in my xorg.conf is:
    Section "InputDevice"
            Identifier "Generic Keyboard"
            Driver "kbd"
            Option "CoreKeyboard"
            Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
            Option "XkbModel" "pc104" #I have tried "pc105",no
    improvement,either
            Option "XkbLayout" "us"
    EndSection