Re: Alternative to Microcal Origin?

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 06:22:41PM -0200, Bruno Buys wrote:
> Philipp Pagel wrote:
>
> >Bruno Buys <brunobuys@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> >>Is there any free software alternative to Origin, the chart plotting
> >>software, with deb packages? I´m looking for suggestions, and trying to
> >>figure which one people seem to like more.
> >>

> >Depending on your needs there are plenty of options. Some feature a GUI
> >but the most powerful programs usually don't.
> >
> >- R (http://www.r-project.org)
> >- GNUplot (http://www.gnuplot.info)
> >- kst (http://omega.astro.utoronto.ca/kst)
> >- Scigraphica (http://scigraphica.sourceforge.net)
> >- labplot (http://labplot.sourceforge.net)
> >- Scilab (http://www.scilab.org)
> >- Octave (http://www.octave.org)
> >- ploticus (http://ploticus.sourceforge.net)
> >- quickplot (http://quickplot.sourceforge.net)
> >- rlplot (http://rlplot.sourceforge.net)
> >
> >There must be many more which I am not aware of.

grace (http://plasma-gate.weizmann.ac.il/Grace/) also. I think it has more
features than any graphical utility from the ones above.

Ionut

--
***************
* Ionuţ Georgescu

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Goto inside a call statement?
    ... return feature, it's easier to read (and can often work faster ... depending on the compiler). ... label numbers, headaches galore). ... It's probably compiler dependent but that was certainly my ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: script hangs while waiting for user input
    ... An alternative to turning off the feature might be threads. ... tricky though depending on if/how things block in this situation. ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: WordPerfect has divide page - where do I find the same in Word?
    ... But depending on what you use WP's divide page feature for, you can probably accomplish the same thing in Word with several different methods: ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: whats a Royal Guard worth ?
    ... feature and love getting those side specials lit. ... pinball price guide has it a $600. ... Depending on condition of ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: Wrapper objects
    ... >Well, that could be a feature, depending on what your use case is. ... which would do lookups in that dict. ... one comment per object dopy, which would fail horribly for e.g. numbers ...
    (comp.lang.python)