..OT, was: Question

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 16:18:40 +0800, Katipo wrote in message
<43B0F8E0.2060701@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Hal Vaughan wrote:
>
> > On Monday 26 December 2005 10:22 pm, Katipo wrote:
> >
> > I wonder, how many copyrights or patents do you hold?

..just copyrights, no patents, they require far more funding than
starting a viable business here in Norwegian Lappland.

> > If you're a drug company or a big hardware/software company, 5 years
> > can be enough time, but if you're an individual, it can take much
> > longer.
> >
> Then the individual needs to get off his backside.
> And a five year plan will give him the motivation to do it.
>
> Let's see...
>
> Creative process, terminating in basic prototype, for example.
> Five years begins here!!!
> O.K., you seem to be under the impression that you are only permitted
> to deal with one agent.
> Rubbish!
>
> Approach six accountants with a coherent business plan, and if you're
> not up and running within twelve months, with your pick of viable
> financial investors, your product doesn't have a market.

..ummy yeah, I guess I can confirm there is _no_ market in Norway for
thermochemical gasification technology that can match the Norwegian
petroleum export to the EU by burning off the MSW in the EU.
Google, if you want the gory details.

> If it does, you have a partner who supplies the manufacturing process.
> You perhaps handle the marketing between you.
> That's not hard.
> It's a field I know well.

..uhuh. Show us.

> >I'll finally be in a position to produce them (with some re-writing)
> >in the next few years. It can vary a lot.
> >

> Then it's far from a full time project.

.."full time" requires funding. "Show me the money" is just a promise.
You want my ear, _produce_ it.

Scenarios always come in sets of three:

  • Re: C64 Patent
    ... The patents' holder is the new Commodore, as far as we know, ... and the market isn't quite there. ... lots of other software for the C64 will crash if everything isn't at the ...
    (comp.sys.cbm)
  • =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re:_Best_milling_machine_for_under_=A31000?=
    ... can convince them they are looking at sales in excess of 500 units and ...  state of the market machinist/engineer ... patents are patently a waste of time. ... Globally Local Data Recovery Experts- Hide quoted text - ...
    (uk.rec.models.engineering)
  • RE: A task-centric desktop...
    ... feedback of the community is the most important part of _any_ Distro. ... Have you signed the Ubuntu code of conduct? ... market - things like tablets and phones. ... Patents can ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: apt-get joke
    ... I'm sure glad my mk1mod0 wife doesn't read this ... To get around the patents, you'd have to go back in time and get two ... better half upon which we can't apt-get update or upgrade. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Chuck Moore news
    ... , many monopolies (patents, trade marks), and huge profits. ... If you believe that huge profits shouldn't exist in a "free market" ...
    (comp.lang.forth)