Re: Loadable kernel modules not unloadable
- From: "hillbilly" <bennitech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 12 Jan 2006 01:15:29 -0800
Just a further note to Adam Porter in addition to my response on the
why and wherefore above, I discovered that the wierd behaviour with not
being able to access the status port appears to be specific to the
combination of Debian Sarge with the particular PC I was using. The
difficulty does not appear on other machines with Sarge loaded and
running and funnier still, it's not failed hardware because when I
prevent parport from loading at all, my custom module works just fine!
Hmmm, very odd indeed! Maybe a quirky peripheral chip not in common
use. Anyway, /etc/modprobe.conf/local seems to be a good solution.
Cheers to all.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: partition sda1 on usb pen not recognized
- Next by Date: camera and mounting
- Previous by thread: Re: Loadable kernel modules not unloadable
- Next by thread: Re: Loadable kernel modules not unloadable